General product information
For which car models can the chargers be used?
Which Charger should I choose (7,4kW oder 22kW)?
Since the three-phase charger can also charge single-phase, this device is the future-proof variant. How many phases can be charged depends on the car. Not every car supports three-phase charging.
If your car charges single-phase, the single-phase charger with max. 7.4kW is sufficient. If your car supports three-phase charging, the three-phase charger with max. 22kW is the best option. Please note that in some countries, e.g. Germany, the single-phase connection of consumers above 20A is generally not permitted.
What charging powers are possible?
What are the advantages of the go-eChargers HOME+?
Do I need an electrician for the installation?
Basically we recommend an electrician. The version with plug is plug-and-play and can be simply plugged into an existing socket. The variant for fixed installation must be connected by the electrician.
Is it necessary to install a type B RCD in the installation for go-e
Which connection cable is required to connect the charging station?
For 32A you need 4mm² for surface-mounted cables (not laid in the wall), 6mm² for cables in installation pipes and 10mm² for cables in thermally insulated walls. Note the simultaneity factor! The simultaneity factor must be set to 1 when calculating the cable cross-section, which means that the electrician must assume that the cable is always fully charged.
How must the upstream breaker be dimensioned?
32A three-phase = circuit breaker 4-pole for 32A (CEE32A red).
16A three-phase = circuit breaker 4-pole (16A CEE16 red).
32A single-phase = 2-pole circuit breaker (32A CEE32 blue).
16A single-phase = 2-pole circuit breaker (16A CEE16 blue).
The circuit breaker can be used with characteristic B or C.
The circuit breaker is a fuse that switches off in case of overload. It protects the line from damage caused by heating as a result of excessive current.
The circuit breaker is available in our shop.
How high must the connected load be per charging station?
You can freely select the current at the go-eCharger from 6A to 32A (depending on the fuse of the household installation) and also limit it to a low power. If you want to use the device with full charging power, 32 amps must be secured. The more amps you set, the faster the car will charge.
Using the charger
How do I start charging?
Starting the charge is very simple: plug the charger into the socket, plug type 2 cable into the car and the charger = charge starts automatically.
ATTENTION: Standard setting of the charger in the app = access control: open, cable lock = normal mode.
What to bear in mind during the charging process?
The charger is no longer charging, what do I have to do?
If the LEDs of the charger no longer light up, please check the fuse on the back of the charger and replace it if necessary.
Check fuse + FI in switch box.
Test at another socket.
Check whether the cable is completely plugged into the charger and locked.
What do the colour codes of the LED display mean? [LED STANDARD SETTINGS!]
General colour codes of the LED ring
- LED ring lights up in rainbow colours = Charger start. If the charger does not come out of this mode, the WLAN signal may be disturbed. Remove possible sources of interference (e.g. devices with WLAN mesh network).
- LEDs light up yellow = Auto is connected, does not charge.
- LEDs light up blue/white = Charger has to be activated (via RFID or App).
- LEDs rotate in circles: car is charging.
- 4 LEDs light up red (3, 6, 9, 12 o’clock) = Norway mode. Ground detection deactivated.
- LEDs light green = charging completed.
- If an RFID chip has been taught-in, 5 LEDs light up green at the top, if the chip is unknown, red.
- Hold reset card to charger = whole circle must light red, if only 5 LEDs light up red, then the reset card is not tuned in. Check the hotspot of the charger “go-e-00xxxx”. If “go-e-000000” is displayed, please contact support and send photos from the back of the charger as well as from the reset card.
Error codes of the LED ring
- Top red, bottom pink = RCCB/FI error. The charger has detected a fault current >= 6mA and goes to fault. To acknowledge the fault, press Restart in the app or disconnect and reconnect the go-eCharger.
- Flashing red = General error, please check the error code in the app.
- Blue/red = phase error. Check supply line, possibly only 2 phases are present. Please test at another socket. If no function occurs, please contact our support.
- Red flashing at top, green & yellow static at bottom = earth fault. Please check grounding of supply line if necessary test at other socket.
Can I lock my charging station for other users?
Can the charging power be adjusted manually?
The charging power can be set either by button (5 predefined values) or by app. The button values can be configured in the app as desired, between 6 and 32 amps.
The charging power can also be changed during the charging process using the app.
Where are the charged kilowatt hours (kWh) displayed?
In the app you can see the amount of kWh charged during this charging process as well as the total amount of kWh charged. This information can be found in the first tab of the app. Please note that only whole kWh are counted.